Tuesday, June 11, 2013

save space on your primary HD when using premiere on MAC

I run out of space today after a long session of encoding of videos after the end of the Media Design class that I teached this semester.
Diving into the thing I discovered that Adobe Premiere Pro creates a media cache when it imports media which defaults to the system drive in the user Library folder. 
This cache can balloon in size over a period of time as I found out when cleaning up the drive. But it can be easily cleaned and relocated.

if you want to stay safe you can do it from inside Premiere from preferences-media




while if you are like me a little bit brutal just change the position in Premiere and delete the directory by hand




this saved me 35GB 

hope you find it useful Alex Barchiesi

No comments:

Post a Comment