Wednesday, July 20, 2011

how to use your iphone as a USB network connection on ubuntu

I was wondering today about how to use my girlfriend iphone net flat connection when around wiht my laptop (yes I'm that kind of guys that do not own a flat internet neither an iphone ;) and I found a nice way on http://www.mexlinux.com

First you must have tethering enabled in the iPhone, either via your carrier, or via a 3rd party app such as MyWi.

Simply add the corresponding PPA repository, either via your prefered GUI or with the command:

sudo apt-add-repository ppa:pmcenery/ppa

The update your sources with your GUI or with:

sudo apt-get update

And the install ipheth-utils via Syaptic, or with the command:

sudo apt-get install ipheth-utils

Ready, next time you connect your iPhone, Ubuntu Lucid will automatically connect


alex barchiesi 

No comments:

Post a Comment